We all are using Google Drive for sharing and storing our files, so it is possible to ever you face Quota Exceeded Error in your Google Drive. So, in this article we explained how to easily fix Quota Exceeded Error in Google Drive.
What’s Causing the Quota Exceeded Error?
Google Drive is file storage and sharing platform, so as we mentioned it is a file sharing platform not any hosting service. So, while uploading the big size video Quota Exceeded Error will occur. A big size files or video overloads the Google drive servers with a large number of download requests. You can use another Google official platform YouTube for video sharing. However, if you want to share any private file or video then you need to look for other file hosting platforms. But still you want to use Google drive for this purpose and it displays Quota Exceeded Error, so we explained how to fix it below.
You can simply fix this error by deleting some files and creating some free space in Google Driver’s disk.
How to Fix: Quota Exceeded Error in Google Drive(In PC)
Quota Exceeded Error is very frustrating to see while downloading the file on Goole drive. There are mainly 2 types of Quota Exceeded Error is occurring in Google drive. Here we explained step by step solution to resolve both Quota Exceeded Error in Google Drive.
A File is Shared Within your Google Drive:
Steps to solve it:
- First, you need to Sign in your Google Drive.
- After successfully logging in, access that file you want to download.
- Now right click on that file, then click on the download.
- Check for the Quota Exceeded Error, if its display anywhere or not.
- If it appears, then you have to click on the three dots at the top right corner and select the option “Add to Starred”.
- After that you are able to view the file in starred screen.
- Now, right click on the file and select the option “Make a Copy”.
- It will create a copy of the same starred file.
- After it, again click on the original file and select the option “Remove from Starred”.
- Right click on the copy file and click on the download option.
- Now, you can see a security pop up, click on the “Download Anyway option”.
- It will start a downloading the file, you can see the download status at the bottom left corner of your screen.
So, above are the steps to fix Google Drive Quota Exceeded Error in PC/Desktop version, if you want to fix this error in your mobile then follow our next solution.
How to Fix: Quota Exceeded Error in Google Drive(In Mobile)
Here are the easy and simple steps to solve Quota Exceeded Error in your Mobile version.
Steps to solve it:
You need to do this all steps in your mobile’s chrome browser, do not use Google Drive application for it. Change your chrome browser in desktop mode.
- First, open the Google drive link by searching it in the browser.
- Now sign in to your Google Drive account, you can see the error.
- After successfully signing, open the option “Add to Google Drive” by clicking on it.
- After adding the file, open the My Drive option.
- Now, Tap on the file shown in your My Drive.
- Now, you will see the three dots option at the top.
- Click on the Make a Copy, then copy file will be shown there.
- Now, select the copy file and click on the option Download and file will start downloading.
Follow all the above steps to fix the Quota Exceeded Error in your Google Drive.
Quota Exceeded Error occur due to out of the spaces in your Google Drive. In this article, we explained how to fix the Quota Exceeded Error in Google Drive for both PC and Mobile version.