The Sims 4 is a highly anticipated life simulation video game introduced in North America on 2014. The Sims 4 is focused on creating and controlling a neighborhood of virtual people, it is called as “Sims”. The Sims 4 is available for both Mac and Windows version, and it is also available in Xbox and PlayStation 4. The Sims 4 video game includes features like smarter control, unique personalities, behaviors and emotions.
Is it Possible to Expand Lot in “The Sims 4”?
There is no legit possible way to Expand Lot in The Sims 4. But we can place a lot on a larger lot, if one is available, there by getting more space. But the consequence is that way to move somewhere else on the map.
Ways to Expand Lot in “The Sims 4”
Another way to Expand Lot is we can buy another residential lot as an additional home. We can go into the world editor of town and try to place a small lot nearby and then purchase it as an additional home and use it as extra space. It is not optimal way and it will not probably does not include as much land as you want and see but since there is no option to drag your boundaries of your existing a lot.
Read More: Download Sims 4 Free PC Game Full Version
By Using Sims 4 Studio:
However, we cannot change lot sizes in the game, but we can change the lot sizes in Sims 4 Studio. With the use of Sims 4 Studio, we can freely build on its altered size. For implementing it, we need to enable the “bb.enablefreebuild” cheat.
In the Same World File, we can also alter the file position, after it we can see that almost half of the lot is covered by the world props. We need to first make a backup of the World Files.
Follow this steps for doing it:
- Open a World File from which you want to change a lot size from. Here, we have to open Sylvan’s Glade World File, which only contains 1 lot so it is easy to find out which one is it.
- Now, copy GD-RBH_glade_01 from Program Files(x86) > Origin Games > The Sims 4 > Data > Shared > World > Areas (We can edit the World Files inside the programs file folder, so we have to copy it and transfer into a backup folder.
- Find World Data File, and then click on Edit Items in the ObjectManagers.
- Click on the first ObjectManager string (last ObjectManager string contains data about objects in the worlds and after that Edit Items (Show as Sylvan Glade only has 1 lot, the first one is the one we need to alter in the case. When a world’s district has more lots, we have to find the one we need)
- Click on the ObjectManagerLotData and after that edit items. Here we will find the information on how big the lot size is and its positions.
- We can change the X and Z position for alter the size of the lot. In this case, We need to altered Sylvan’s X(0F) to 40 and Z(0A) to 40. Below, you can see the LotDataPosition and Rotation. If you want to change the lots position in the world then you can try the change values. It is require for a bit of experimenting as you obviously don’t want to glide the lot out of the world xD.
- Save the new values and test the size in “The Sims 4”. Here, the largest lot size atm is 64×64. The way to find out which lot is change a certain lot size in our game by looking at its size in World Files.
So as shown above, Here is the way to Expand Lot in “The Sims 4”.
The Sims 4 is a highly anticipated life simulation video game. In this game, we cannot Expand Lot in legit or easy way. We need to use Sims 4 Studio for doing it. Above are the all information regarding how to expand lot in “The Sims 4” .