Sometimes, Our Windows PC/Laptop is slowing down, the most common reason behind it is we are facing the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application issue in our PC. We can easily detect this error with the help of windows task manager or security cleaner. Here are the some information and how to fix Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application in your computer:
What is “Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application”?
Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application is a pre-installed software in our computer and it helps our computer for receiving and presenting digital signals. Digital TV Device Registration Application is a part of the Windows Media Center. We can watch premium digital cable channels straight from the cable provider in our computer because of Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application. ehPrivJob.exe is the process name of built-in background service application for Windows Media Center.
Ways to Resolve Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application:
1. Uninstall the TV tuner
We can easily fix Digital TV Device Registration Application error by uninstalling the TV tuner device from our computer.
Steps for uninstalling the TV tuner
- Open the Control Panel of your computer.
- Select Programs Features
- Click on Uninstall a Program
- Search the TV tuner and select it.
- Click on Uninstall button for uninstalling.
- After completion of uninstallation process, restart your computer.
If problem is still not solved, you have to try another method.
2. By Using Resource Manager & Ending the Process
We can use the Resource manager for ending the Digital TV Device Registration Application process.
We can easily fix it with following steps below:
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Del keys all together, Task manager window will be open.
- Select Open Task Manager
- Select Performance tab and then open Resource monitor in the window.
- In the Process tab, find the exe process and after that click on End task option.
- Click on OK option to close the Task Manager window.
- Now, Restart our computer.
Now, Check for the problems, if it still not solved, you have to try another method.
3. Disable EhDRMInit Scheduled Task
We can easily fix Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application issue by disabling the EhDRMInit scheduled task. This process can also resolve the stop and crashes of Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application. The process of disabling a scheduled task in background is called EhDRMInit.
Here are steps for doing this process:
- Click on Start button, Search for the Task Scheduler
- Open Task Scheduler option, Click beside the Task Scheduler Library.
- Open Microsoft and select Windows
- Now, search for the folder where ehdrminit task is located.
- Right click and Disable
- Restart your PC.
4. Delete the DRM Folder
Deleting DRM folder is also process for the resolving Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application issue. Here are the steps for deleting a DRM folder.
- Open My Computer or File Explorer in your PC.
- Select Programs option and then open Data folder.
- Open the Microsoft folder, after that select the Windows
- Find DRM folder and delete
- After deleting restart your PC.
After completing this steps, check for the issue if it is resolved
5. Turn off Windows Features
We can disable the Windows Features using control panel for resolving a resolving Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application issue.
Here are the steps for turning off windows features with control panel:
- Click on Start button, Search Control panel and open it.
- Select the Programs and Features
- Turn the toggle off for turn windows Features.
- Select Media Features, Click on expand icon.
- Search Windows Media Center Option and uncheck
- Click OK for closing window.
- Restart your PC.
After applying all the steps check for the problems if it fixed.
Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application is the part of windows media player.It creates issues of slowing down our Windows PC/Laptops. We can easily resolve this issue with above methods & steps.