Steam is a popular video game digital distribution service for gamers. Steam offers many others service like video streaming, server hosting and social networking services. Steam provides many free and paid games with many community features like friend lists and group, in-game voice chat functionality in their services. However, some steam users are facing Steam 118 Error Code while trying to open the store or library in steam.
What is Steam Error Code 118? Causes of Steam Error Code 118
While receiving Steam Error Code 118, it will shows the message as “Unable to connect the server, Server may be offline or you may be not connected to the internet” and we are unable to access the Steam library and Store page for making additional purchases.
How to resolve Steam Error Code 118?
Here are the some ways of resolving Steam Error Code 118.
1. Restart your router
Steam Error Code 118 can occur due to our internet speed become suddenly slow. Restarting the router will improve the internet speed and refresh router’s software system.
Steps for restarting the router:
- Switch off the router
- Wait for few minutes
- Now, start the router
Check if the Steam Error 118 is resolved.
2. Check Firewall in Your Computer
Steam Error Code 118 problem can occur also if your steam is blocked by the firewall, to resolve this problem, we need to allow steam in our computer firewall.
Steps for allowing the Firewall:
- Search “Firewall” in your computer.
- Click on the first option and then click on allow an app or feature through Firewall.
- Click on the “Change Settings”.
- Check both “Public” and “Private” option for “Steam Client”.
- Click on the “Apply”.
Check if the Steam Error code 118 is fixed.
4. Scan Your Computer for the Viruses
Virus is also one of the reason for occurring the Steam Error 118. We need to scan our computer with anti-virus software. Antivirus software will scan and remove all the virus from your computer. We need to use latest & updated version of the antivirus software for better results. Here are the best antivirus softwares for your computer.
- Trend Micro
After installation and scanning, check if the Steam Error code 118 is fixed.
5. Disable all third party applications.
Steam Error code 118 is also generated by the third party application in our computer. To resolve this problem we need to disable all the third party application installed in our computer.
Steps for disable third party applications:
- Open the “Run tab” in your computer.
- Type “msconfig” and press enter.
- Go on the “Services tab” and uncheck the “Hide all Microsoft Services”.
- Click on the “Disable All”
- Click on the “Startup”
- Click on the “Open Task Manager” and after that click on “listed application”.
- Click on the “Disable”.
- Repeat this steps for all applications and disable all the applications on the list.
- Restart your computer.
- Now, only run the steam client.
After applying all the steps, check for the Steam Error code 118 if it resolved.
Follow all the above steps for resolving a Steam Error code 118.If problem is still not fixed, there can be also problem with the steam servers. Steam servers are sometimes down due to heavy traffic during sales season.So, we have to try after sometimes for accessing steam without getting Steam Error code 118.
Steam Error Code 118 is a common error in steam library or store. Steam Error 118 is occurs due to some technical reasons & here are the all solution and steps for resolving Steam Error code 118 in easy way.